Instructions for paying dues online
the left-side Membership Application/Renewal/Change Form
button at hrcaz.org, and you will
be taken to an online version of the membership form with a
similar appearance to the previous one. After you enter your
information and click Submit, you will be presented with payment
choices of credit card, debit card, PayPal, Venmo, and check,
unless you are only making a change to your contact information.
If you select Check, you still have to mail your check, but the
treasurer and membership secretary will have received your
submitted form by email long before your check arrives. If you
pay electronically, you will not be charged any fees; it’s just
like buying at Amazon, and less costly than paying for form
printing, a check, an envelope and a stamp. You will receive
email confirmation of your membership form entry and your
Online dues payment FAQs
(1) how do I get started?
Call up the hrcaz.org website and click the left-side button named “Membership Application/Renewal/Change Form.”
(2) What computers and mobile devices are supported?
All common types of computing device are supported, including those running Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, iPadOS and Android operating systems, and running web browsers such as Chrome, Safari,Edge, Firefox, etc.
(3) Do I need a PayPal account to make online payments?
No; only if you want to pay from an existing PayPal account you have.
(4) Is it secure? Could my credit card information get out?
Yes it is secure. Payments by credit card, debit card, PayPal or Venmo are all handled by PayPal, and PayPal uses end-to-end encryption to secure your transactions, using only secure connections to its internet servers.
In addition, hrcaz.org has an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate, shown by the url being https instead of just http. SSL encrypts all communications between your browser and a server.
(5) do I have to pay any credit card transaction fees?
No; HRSC pays them.
6) how do I make a multi-year payment?
Simply specify the number of years on the membership form. You will see the dollar total before you pay.
(7) Is there any benefit in making multi-year payments?
Yes; this reduces the fees HRSC has to pay to payPal, as there is a per-payment component.
(8) Can I make changes in contact information without making a payment?
Yes; it is
set up for applications, renewals, or changes, just like the
previous form. If you only select Changes, then you will not be
taken to the payment page.
(9) Can I still pay by check?
Yes, and you have two options. (a) use the paper form in The Bridge and mail it in as before, or (b) select the Check option on the online payment page and send your check in by mail, but no paper membership form is needed as the treasurer and membership secretary will receive your form input by email.
(10) Which credit cards are accepted?
All major credit cards are accepted; if your credit or debit card would be accepted at Amazon.com, it would be accepted for HRSC dues payment.
(11) What electronic payment methods are there other than credit card and debit card?
PayPal and Venmo.
(12) will my payment be recognized quicker than payments by check, so I don’t miss any Bridge newsletters?
Yes; the treasurer and membership secretary will receive your membership form by email, and the treasurer will receive an email from PayPal when your payment is made, so the lag in picking up forms and checks from the HRSC street address has been eliminated.
(13) what confirmation will I receive of my form entry and my payment?
You will receive an email from hrcaz.org with your form entry details, and an email from PayPal confirming your payment.
(14) can I use this form to pay for admission to events?
No; it is only for dues payments; click the left-side event payment button to pay for HRSC events.
(15) Is there any financial benefit to me in paying by credit card instead of by check?
Yes. Firstly you eliminate the costs of form printing, check, envelope and stamp, and then you get whatever rewards your credit card offers, such as airline miles or cash back.
(16) Do spouses need to pay dues?
No, they are entitled to attend events with their Honeywell retiree spouse, and spouses who are also Honeywell retirees are entitled to a copy of the eBridge sent to their own email address, without paying dues for themselves.
(17) What happens if my browser or computer crashes when I am in the middle of filling in the membership form or entering credit card information?
Your entered information is lost. When you have your browser/computer running again, you will need to start from the membership form, and then hit Submit to get to the payment page, passing the number of years.
(18) What happens if I am interrupted while filling in the membership form; can I come back later and complete it? how long do I have?
Since there is no sensitive financial information on display, the window will remain open indefinitely, unless your browser times out.
(19) What happens if I am interrupted while entering credit card information? can I come back later and complete it? How long do I have?
Because sensitive financial information is on display, the page will be closed after 5 minutes. Yes, you can come back later, but only up to 5 minutes; after that, you will need to start again from the membership form, and hit Submit to get to the payment page, passing the number of years.
(20) What happens if I lose Internet connection when in the middle of entering membership form information?
Nothing is lost; you can resume form entry when the Internet returns, unless the outage is so lengthy that your browser times out.
(21) What happens if I lose Internet connection when in the middle of entering credit card information?
The same as
would happen if you were entering it at Amazon.com; a brief
loss of Internet will be tolerated, but a longer one may cause
the page to close, in which case You will need to start again
from the membership form and hit Submit to get to the payment
page, passing the number of years.